Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
TL's editorial workflow can be visualized in four stages: Recruitment, Review, Layout, and Release. Click the links in the columns below for further details.
– Call for papers
– Open Journal Systems
– Scholarly Communication Coordinator (role on Atla staff)
– Scholarly Communication and Digital Projects Manager (role on Atla staff)
– Theological Librarianship
The editorial board is responsible for actively soliciting content for upcoming issues.
- The editorial board organizes forums, contests, and other special features as appropriate.
- Editors use channels at their disposal to distribute CfPs.
- The reviews editor seeks out titles for review and connects these with reviewers.
Atla staff are responsible for layout and design. The editorial board is responsible for selecting a cover image. The EiC is responsible for providing editorial content and finalizing the order of contents.
- The layout editor generates individual article galleys and notifies editors when these are ready for review.
- While galleys are being prepared, the editorial board selects a cover image and the EiC updates the front matter.
- As galleys become available, editors review them and request any needed changes.
- The layout editor makes needed changes, lays out the added editorial content, and prepares whole-issue galleys, notifying the EiC when these are ready for review.
- The EiC reviews full-issue galleys and requests changes if necessary.
- The EiC sends a message to the author providing 72 hours for review of the final copy. The author may request changes during this period. Once the author has approved the copy, or once 72 hours have elapsed without response from the author, the EiC notifies the layout editor and the SCC that galleys have been approved.
TL Workflows and Procedures for OJS 3.1.2
Prepared October 2019
Last revised April 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.