Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The SCC downloads the submission files from OMP and opens them in Word, verifying that they are formatted in accord with the submission guidelines, i.e.:
- The file is formatted as DOCX (not DOC; the SCC may convert the file from another format if needed).
- All images have been removed (but image placement is marked in the text by a caption or other means).
- The works cited list has been included in the main chapter file (and not as a separate file).
- Within the Atla Google Drive, the SCC navigates to Atla Open Press > Books Editorial Board > Volumes in Progress and creates a folder under the title of the new volume. (This may have to be placed within a series folder as well if the new volume is part of a series.)
- The SCC right-clicks the volume folder, clicks Share, and adds the liaison editor and volume editor(s) (if applicable). (The SCC should also verify that permissions for the editor-in-chief, copy editor, layout editor, and SCDPM have carried over from the main Press folder.)
- Within the volume folder, the SCC creates a folder titled "Front Matter," a folder titled "Back Matter," and a folder for each chapter titled in the format "AUTHOR_SHORTTITLE", where 'AUTHOR' is the author's surname (with additional authors hyphenated behind) and 'SHORTTITLE' is a one- or two-word abbreviation of the title.
- The SCC right-clicks each chapter folder, clicks Share, and adds the author(s), as well as any translator(s). (The SCC should also verify that permissions for the liaison editor, volume editor(s), editor-in-chief, copy editor, layout editor, and SCDPM have carried over from the main volume folder.)
- Within each chapter folder, the SCC clicks New, clicks File Upload, selects all downloaded submission files relevant to the chapter (including images, tables, etc.), and clicks Open.
- For each uploaded Word doc, the SCC:
- right-clicks the file in Google Drive, clicks Open with, and selects Google Docs;
- within Google Docs, clicks File > Save as Google Docs;
- verifies that the Google Doc version of the document accurately reflects the content of the original .docx file open in Word;
- removes the uploaded .docx from the Google Drive (right-click > Remove);
- right-clicks the remaining Google Doc file, clicks Rename, and names the file in the format "AUTHOR_SHORTTITLE", where 'AUTHOR' is the author's surname (with additional authors hyphenated behind) and 'SHORTTITLE' is a one- or two-word abbreviation of the title.
- The SCC posts a message in the relevant OMP discussion board for each uploaded chapter, stating that the chapter is ready for editing in Google Docs and providing a link to the chapter folder.
- The SCC creates a new Google Doc in the "Back Matter" folder and populates it with submitted author bios in alphabetical order.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.