Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reviewing Full-Issue Galleys: Steps
- To locate the full-issue galleys, the EiC goes to the Issues panel and selects Future Issues.
- To the left of the upcoming issue name, the EiC clicks the blue arrow.
- The EiC clicks Edit.
- In the new screen that appears, the EiC clicks on the Issue Galleys tab. The galleys can be reviewed by clicking on PDF and EPUB, respectively.
- When reviewing galleys, editors may request changes in any of three ways:
- The editor may open the PDF in Acrobat and use the “comment” feature of that program to leave notes on the document indicating requested changes. The commented PDF should then be attached to a post on the submission’s discussion board.
- The editor may print out the PDF, mark up the document by hand, and attach a scan of the marked-up copy to the submission’s discussion board.
- The editor may write out a list of requested changes in a post to the submission’s discussion board.
- Regardless how comments/changes are submitted, the reviewing editor sends a message through OJS to the layout editor notifying him or her when all comments/corrections have been made and are available to view.
Workflows and Procedures for OJS 22.214.171.124
Last revised May 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.