Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Assigning Reviewers: Steps
- Once an article has been sent to review, the editor receives a notification that reviewers need to be assigned.
- The editor clicks the View button for the submission, then the Add Reviewer button.
- This opens a new panel in which reviewers can be selected from a list of registered users or a new reviewer profile can be created.
- Clicking the blue drop-down arrows on the right of a person's name will display additional information, including the reviewers’ interests, review history, and any editorial notes.
- To select a reviewer click the Select Reviewer button next to their name.
- This opens a new panel in which the editor can write a message to the reviewer, set a deadline for receipt of the review, indicate the file to be reviewed, and specify the type of review to be performed.
- At the bottom of the panel click Add Reviewer to assign the reviewer to the article and send them an email notification.
Workflows and Procedures for OJS 184.108.40.206
Last revised July 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.