Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sending to Production for Proofreading & Layout: Steps
- From the Workflow tab, the EiC goes to the Copyediting section and clicks Send to Production.
- In the popup that opens, the EiC clicks next to Do not send an email notification
- Then the EiC clicks the Next:Select Files for Production button
- The EiC then chooses the final version of the file and clicks the Record Editorial Decision button
- Once it has moved to production the EiC will either assign to a proofreader or assign directly to the layout editor:
- Click the Assign button on the right side of the screen under the heading Participants.
- Under Locate a user in the dropdown menu choose either Proofreader or Layout Editor and click Search
- Click the radio button next to the person's name
- Choose either the "Proofreading Request" or "Request Galleys" message from the dropdown, as appropriate
- Click OK
Workflows and Procedures for OJS 22.214.171.124
Last revised May 2022
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.